Monday, January 9, 2023

2023 Here I Come!

Today has been a day full of reflection - and I was just thinking about how stoked I am for the rest of 2023! It's started well, and we are well on the way to so many wonderful moments.

First of all, there is the personal...

Mum will be finally allowed in the US in soon. Sure, lots of tough paperwork, International tax rules & money exchange, and healthcare horrors ahead, but all that really matters is that she will be here. Her medical has been completed (with the odd scare and additional X-Ray to stop us from feeling too relaxed about anything). Her Embassy interview is doneLots of prayers were being said, and it was with oodles of relief to hear that the U.S. government sees fit to allow this 90-year-old to be with her daughter!  Heck, she’ll be 91 by the time she can move 🎂. She will be on her way as soon as the stamped passport arrives and flight is booked!  


It will be so much easier to look after her and control things with her here. And poor Aunt Shirley - her 87-year-old sister - is really too old to be trying to cope with this now. 


We have our Goodison trip planned for and paid for in early April 💙. Ben (my 27-year-old son) has his first Everton Football Club home game to see, and we get to do all sorts of amazing things with the team and other North American Toffees - and we can’t wait!  It’s going to be so cool staying in a hotel in my city and just being there for that one focus - not family, just my football family. And a few friends too. Now the team itself is imploding, and it’s one bad news report after another … but hey!  That’s Everton for you.


Then in the summer, AUSTRALIA beckons!  Finally, some time with our daughter - Covid scuppered my last trip, and that means I don’t even want to think about how long it’s been since I saw my kid! I miss my girl every day, and this will be a balm to my heart to be with her again. Having to be reimbursed for those tickets was awful, and for a while there, I thought it would never happen. But here we are, planning our Perth-Rottnest-Margaret River adventures! 🦘🍷


And then there is work...


The MLC 📚has become a love affair, and I can’t wait to be back there in January helping kids find books and joy in our space 🥰. How magical can I make it 🪄?  So many ideas and goals - and ways to listen to and work with kids. 


2023, I’m ready.


Is it any wonder that my #oneword for 2023 is #celebrate ?!


New Year ~ New Set Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Should be a Student Once in a While...

 I had Tweeted post workout the other day - pointing out how you can learn a lot about teaching while in a group class in the gym. The more ...