Friday, September 7, 2018

Our Blog

Everyone advises authentic audiences.  It makes sense, right?  But here's the thing.  Much as I want the kids to think about their work as something far-reaching, more than just the teacher reads, there is also the reality of safety, district rules, teacher responsibility....and all that good stuff.

So, I have a class Twitter account and Instagram, but don't follow anyone other than Atlanta United, the Zoo, and DeSana addresses.  They haven't been very effective, although the kids have enjoyed the personal touches on Instagram.  They get to peek into my life, and they like that.   But it was time to up my game.

This year we will have a class blog.  My Publicists for each class will collect statements, anecdotes, and quotes, and share them with me.  These will be posted in the blog along with (hopefully) Podcast snippets and pictures.  I started the blog, Leadership Roles begin this week, and as our leaders get into action, it will become a team effort. Room 1113 belongs to THEM, not me!

My main goals are:

  • Your room, not mine.
  • Audiences are out there, reading your words, learning about what we do in Room 1113
  • I listen to your voices, your words are what we'll share.
Let's go Room 1113!


https://forsyth.itslearning.com/Room1113/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Should be a Student Once in a While...

 I had Tweeted post workout the other day - pointing out how you can learn a lot about teaching while in a group class in the gym. The more ...