Friday, August 10, 2018

Wasn't the Website Enough?

😙For goodness sakes.  This trying to reflect, get your voice out there, share what you're doing - it just seems to get more complicated as I seek what works best - but don't want to lose years of writing!

I had a blog - but it was all about being a non-traditional student.  You know, the 40-year-old with 23 year old peers. You can check it out at https://nontrad-undergrad.blogspot.com/).

Then I started another blog when I started teaching - https://taughtinthemiddle-teacheroftweens.weebly.com/  But I really didn't like the platform. 

Then my days of Google began. Google this, Google that. So, when they came out with the new Google Sites, it seemed like a no-brainer.  I had fun building pages...and it got out of control quickly.  I would try to share posts, but it's a website, so it would take them to the latest and greatest, not the past content.  It started getting unwieldy.

Oh, and no one could comment.

And should ANYONE ever read it, they might want to comment.

So, I am going to embed this blog and go this route.  Move some pages and links around, and take it from there.

It's like teaching.  You have a good idea, and it's going well, but then things change.  Needs are different.  You have to adjust, shift, change.

It's important to my craft that I think about what I do, share my thoughts, put it in writing, so I hope that this vehicle is the one for me.  If it isn't, well something else will work for me! 

Blog on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Should be a Student Once in a While...

 I had Tweeted post workout the other day - pointing out how you can learn a lot about teaching while in a group class in the gym. The more ...